How do I bet over the phone?
You can place Racing and Sports bets with the UBET Customer Contact Centre by calling 13UBET (13 82 38) from anywhere in Australia, or 1800 UBET 88 (1800 823 888) from outside Australia. Hours of Operation are 24/7, 365 days a year unless otherwise advised.
When you connect to an operator, provide them with your account number and security code.
Note: To bet over the Telephone with UBET you need to hold a UBET Account.
Hints and Tips
For racing, bet details should be provided in the following order:
- Meeting identifier (e.g. Brisbane races)
- Bet type (e.g. Win/Place or Trifecta)
- Race number
- Your selection(s)
- Bet amount
For sporting events, the preferred method is to provide the offer number, if known. If you do not know the offer number, sport event details should be provided in the following order:
- Sport (e.g. Cricket)
- Tournament or Game (e.g. Australia v South Africa)
- Bet Type (e.g. Head to Head)
- Your selection(s)
- Bet amount
The operator will read each bet back to you for confirmation. Please listen carefully to ensure the operator has placed the bet that you requested as it is your responsibility to make sure that all bets are recorded correctly.
All calls to the UBET Customer Contact Centre are recorded to ensure security and accuracy for customers in the event of a query.
After all bets are placed the operator will give your "all bets total". This is the total cost of all bets placed during each call and signifies that your bets have been accepted.
Avoid the Rush
Bets are accepted up until race jump. However it is advisable to place bets early to avoid peak betting congestion just prior to race jump. Alternatively you can place your bets with UBET Automated Account Betting or via the Internet to avoid operator queues completely.
In most instances, closing of the "book" on sporting events is either determined by the bet type or at the discretion of the "book manager". Betting while an event is in progress - known as Live Betting - is offered on many sporting events. On the TattsBet website, look for the LIVE betting symbol.
Note: Federal legislation does not allow Live betting through the internet – Call the Customer Contact Centre on 13UBET (13 82 38) to place your ‘live’ bets.
You may cancel most race bets up to five minutes prior to advertised race start time. Within this time, bets may only be cancelled during the phone call in which they are placed if the details for the bet "called back" by the operator are not what was requested.
From the outset, UBET advises that sports bets have a more rigid process. Sports bets may only be cancelled if:
- Betting by Telephone with the UBET Customer Contact Centre: Fixed Price bets (including All-Up's) may only be cancelled in the event of an error, and provided the cancellation is completed within two minutes of the time of placing the bet, and prior to the close of betting.
- Betting in a Retail outlet: Fixed Price tickets (including All-Up's) may only be cancelled in the event of an error, and provided the cancellation is completed within two minutes of the time of issue, and prior to the close of betting.
- Internet: Bets placed over the Internet cannot be cancelled.
Security of Your Account
It is your responsibility to keep your UBET Account details secure at all times. If your Account card or Deposit/Withdrawal card is lost or stolen you should immediately notify UBET 1800 823 888