How do I place a Double or Extra Double?
A Double is a Multi Leg Tote bet type.
To win a Double, you must select the winner of each of two nominated races.
On most meetings TAB operates two separate Doubles:
- The Double is usually held on the two nominated races at the meeting
- The Extra Double is held on two other races at the same meeting
You can take as many runners as you like in each race or 'leg' of the Double. The more runners you select to win each 'leg', the more combinations you receive.
Placing a Double or Extra Double
1. Navigate to any race event or meet location on the TAB website and look for the button labelled 'Multi Legs'
2. In the Multi Legs screen, look for 'Double' or 'Extra Double' in the bet type row. If 'either of these bet types do not appear, they may not be on offer for this race or markets have closed.
3. Make your selections for each leg/race and add to your bet slip.
- Navigate to any race meet location in the TAB app and select the 'Multi Legs' tab.
- Look for 'Double' or 'Extra Double' options in the list that appears.
- Make your selections for each leg/race and add to your bet slip.