How do I open an account?
Open an Account
A TAB account provides a convenient and efficient way to bet via the telephone, Internet or Phone App. You can start your account with as little as $10 (AUD).
There are three ways you can open an account:
- Open an account online (restricted account)
- Open an account at a TAB retail outlet
- Open an account by mail
To establish an account you must provide sufficient identification under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing (AML) Act.
If you already have a Phone betting / Telebet account with us, but have not used it before for Internet Access, please see How do I enable my Telebet account for online betting?.
To open a restricted account online, click the button below or visit TAB.UBET.com and click 'Join Now' top right of screen.
Important information – Confirming your identity
- We must confirm your identity within 14 days of joining TAB.UBET.com. For further information please see "Verification".
- You will not be able to withdraw funds from your TAB.UBET.com account until your identity and any debit/credit cards have been confirmed
- You will be able to make purchases and deposits during this time
To open an unrestricted TAB account at a TAB Retail Outlet, complete the TAB Account Application Form and call into your nearest with the appropriate proof of identification documents. Accounts can be opened quickly if application is made prior to the commencement of the day's racing program. You can start your account with as little as $10 (AUD).
If you are unable to access an Australia Post or TAB Retail Outlet, you can have your identification verified by an Acceptable Referee. Take the TAB Account Application & Identification Form to one of the Acceptable Referees noted on Page 3 of the form and then forward the completed form to:
TAB Betting Accounts
PO Box 248
Albion QLD 4010
Don't forget to include your initial account deposit. (Minimum deposit is $10 (AUD)) and can be paid by a money order.