Android App: I get the message "Can't Open File" when installing
UBET has recently discovered a bug inside Google Chrome (Version 57) which stops customers from launching UBET's Android App installer (.apk) when it has been downloaded via the Google Chrome browser.
When attempting to run UBET's Android Installer inside Chrome's downloads folder or via the notifications panel, you will receive the message "Can't Open File".
This issue will be addressed in future versions of Google Chrome.
As a temporary measure to fix this issue, try either of the following workarounds:
OPTION 1: LAUNCH THE UBET APP INSTALLER FROM ANDROID'S MAIN DOWNLOADS FOLDER
Before starting, make sure that 'Unknown Sources' is enabled in your phone's settings - you can access this by going to your phone applications menu and selecting: Settings > Security. Make sure 'Unknown Sources' is ticked in this screen. Then:
- Download UBET's Android app whilst in chrome and when the download is complete - Go to your phone's applications menu and tap the item labelled 'Downloads'.
- When inside Android's main downloads folder look for the UBET App installer and tap to run.
- Follow on-screen instructions to complete installation and open the UBET app from your apps menu or home screen when complete.
OPTION 2: USE A DIFFERENT BROWSER TO INSTALL UBET ANDROID APP
Before starting, make sure that 'Unknown Sources' is enabled in your phone's settings - you can access this by going to your apps menu and selecting: Settings > Security and make sure 'Unknown Sources' is ticked. Then:
You can use an alternative browser to Chrome on your Android device such as Firefox for Android to download the UBET Android app.
- Download UBET's Android app in a browser other than Chrome, and when then download is complete - tap the UBET App installer in your browser's downloads folder or drag the notifications panel from top of screen and tap the UBET installer file.
- Follow on-screen instructions to complete installation, wait for install to complete and open the UBET app from your phone's applications menu or home screen.